SIDUS Solutions exhibited at the OCEANS ‘12 MTS/IEEE event held in Hampton Roads (VA), October 14 to 19. This event was a perfect venue for SIDUS to address and connect with existing clients and key decision makers that work on the Eastern Coast of the U.S. either in technology, maritime or the U.S. Government.
This year’s theme was “Harnessing the Power of the Ocean”, and it was driven to identify seven societal benefits:
– Improving predictions of climate change and weather, their effects on coastal communities
and the nation
– Improving the safety and efficiency of marine operations
– Mitigating the effects of natural hazards
– Improving national and homeland security
– Reducing public health risks
– Protecting and restoring healthy coastal marine ecosystems
– Enabling the sustained use of marine resources
Each of these areas is important to the wellbeing of SIDUS staff, the company and the people they serve. With their cutting-edge subsea video cameras, lighting and robotic positioning devices for extreme environments, SIDUS actively helps harness the power of the ocean and was thankful to join this event to raise awareness for these issues.